Microsoft Office Word Stopped Working – The Microsoft Word is one of the most Microsoft Office programs. Using MS Word, you can create, edit, view, and share a file very easily and quickly. Also, this application supports a wide range of devices including the Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android platform. You can access the word file and edit them anytime you want.
But recently, a lot of our customers have reported similar issues. While launching the MS Word application, they suddenly get “Microsoft Office Word Stopped Working” popup and the program stops from working. Here in this blog, we will discuss the steps to troubleshoot this issue. You can also contact the Microsoft Office Support or visit office.com/setup for instant resolution of the issue.
How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Office Word Stopped Working?
Why Do You Get Microsoft Office Word Stopped Working Error?
There could be a number of reasons for this error. Otherwise, the system would have given the reason for the possible issue, if the exact reason is known. However, it can be caused by many possible reasons, such as:
- Malfunctioning of the Application
- Compatibility issues
- The Word application is out of date
- Deletion of files related to MS Word
- Interruption due to Antivirus
Although, you can easily resolve this error by trying the below-listed steps and troubleshoot the Microsoft Errors.
Step 1 – Restart your Device
Whenever you get any issue with your Microsoft Office Application or any other application. You can simply try to restart the device.
- Terminate all the application running on your device.
- Then navigate to the Restart button on your screen and click on it.
- The device will automatically restart and wait until it turns back on.
- Check whether the “Microsoft Office Word Stopped Working” is fixed or not.
If not then you can try the next steps to fix the issues with the Microsoft Word. visit office.com/setup for more information.
Step 2 – Install the Latest Updates
Check whether there is an update available for the Microsoft Office or Word. If yes then install the updates and check again. Follow these steps, to check for updates.
- Launch the Microsoft Word on your device.
- Now navigate to the top-left corner of the screen and click on the File button.
- From the submenu, click on the Help button.
- A window will appear on your screen, click on Check for Update button.
- The system will automatically look for an update and install it.
If the error persists even after installing the updates then go to the next step for troubleshooting.
Step 3 – Repair the Microsoft Office from Control Panel
If there is an issue with the Microsoft Office application then you can simply repair it using the below-listed steps:
- Start by launching the Control Panel on your device. You can search it on the search box.
- Now choose to the category view for the Control Panel.
- Click on the Uninstall a Program under the Programs menu.
- A list of all the installed application will start on your device.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Office and right-click on it.
- From the menu list, click on Repair button on it.
- The system will give options to repair your device.
- After the repair is finished, check whether the “Microsoft Office Word Stopped Working” is fixed.
If not then you need the help of a technician to help you with your issues. In order to reach a technician, simply place a call at the toll-free number of Microsoft Office Support. You call will be redirected to the technician. Now you can talk about your issues and fix it. This service is 24/7 available, Call Now. #office setup #office.com/setup