Fix Microsoft Excel Stopped Working Error Message – Imagine waking up late night and working on your reports and then finally after hours when you are about to save your report, the Microsoft excel encountered an error message displaying ‘microsoft excel has stopped working’. It annoys you like anything, as you are not able to progress your work for some time. In some cases, it even corrupts your data or makes it inaccessible. It then becomes very necessary to fix Microsoft excel stopped working error message because of the work requirement. This problem has mostly been discovered in Microsoft Excel versions like 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. The problem mainly occurs due to lots of data in your workbook or complex calculation on your sheets.
Here, in this article, we will try to help you with some troubleshooting steps. Hope, these steps will guide you to fix Microsoft excel stopped working error message on your device.
How to Fix Microsoft Excel Stopped Working Error Message?
Steps to Fix Microsoft Excel Stopped Working Error Message – Office.com/setup
- Open your device in safe mode. To do so, press”windows+R” key combination and type ‘safe/excel’ and press the enter key. Safe mode lets you start excel without encountering certain startup programs
- If the issue is not resolved, then investigate the issue with COM add-ins. To do so, go to ‘file’ and click on ‘options’ and then finally select ‘add-ins’.
- Now, to disable COM add-ins, at the bottom of the dialog box, change the manage dropdown to ‘COM add-ins’ and select ‘Go’.
- Clear the checkbox if any COM add-ins are enabled, and select ‘ok’.
- Finally, restart ‘excel’.
This basic troubleshooting steps will fix Microsoft excel stopped working error message and excel will again start working smoothly. This problem can even again occur time after time on your device unless you don’t take any measures against it in advance. Here are some ways by which you can ensure your device so that you don’t land up in a situation to fix Microsoft excel stopped working error message
Avoid Microsoft Excel Has Stopped Working Error – Office.com/setup
- Update the latest version of Microsoft Excel on your device. You can do this by setting windows to automatically download and receive the latest updates.
- Check for the antivirus conflicts on your device. If the antivirus is not updated then it can affect the working of the spreadsheet
- Try to disable faulty add-ins while working on the spreadsheet. Though add-ins are always helpful with excel. But if you increase the number of add-ins it can also have an impact on the performance of the spreadsheet. So you can disable the add-ins which are not required and then again re-enable it if required.
So, keeping all these points in consideration will not result to fix Microsoft excel stopped working error message on your device. You will never fear to lose your data and can operate smoothly hassle-free.
Similar issues – office support
- microsoft excel has stopped working 2010
- microsoft excel has stopped working 2007
- excel not responding when saving
- microsoft excel has stopped working 2016 windows 10
- excel not responding how to save
- microsoft excel has stopped working 2013 windows 10
- excel 2016 not responding windows 10
- excel not responding windows 10
These are similar issues faced by our users. If you are also facing the similar kind of issues you can connect to us 24/7 at our toll-free number. Get a office technician instantly here at Microsoft Office Support.
#www.office.com/setup #office com setup