Log into Microsoft Office Account – Microsoft Account (MSA, Microsoft Passport) is a single sign-on Microsoft user account for Microsoft customers to log into Microsoft websites, devices running on one of the Microsoft’s current operating systems e.g. Windows 10 computers and tablets, Windows Phones, Xbox consoles and Microsoft application software including Visual Studio.
Microsoft accounts enable a user to sign into websites for different services using a set of credentials. Users’ credentials are not seen by Microsoft account websites but a Microsoft account authentication server. A new user is first directed to the nearest authentication server. It asks for his/her username and password over an SSL connection.
Microsoft account offers two different methods of creating an account. It hardly takes any time to create a Microsoft account if you use any of these two methods mentioned below.
- By an existing e-mail address: A user can use his/her own valid e-mail ID and password to sign up for a Microsoft account.
- By Microsoft, e-mail address: User can sign up in Microsoft account-enabled websites through Microsoft’s webmail services designated domains such as i.e. @hotmail.com, @live.com, @msn.com, @passport.com, and @outlook.com.
Steps to Log into Microsoft Office Account
From Microsoft account -office.com/setup
- Go to Microsoft account page and select Sign in.
- Enter your email address/phone number and password.
- Click Keep me signed in check box if you don’t want to enter your email address and password every time you use it on your device.
Sign in on Windows 10 – office.com/setup
On Windows 10 device you can sign in to Microsoft account to sync your settings and Microsoft Store purchases across all your devices. If you already have a user account, follow the mentioned steps to add a Microsoft account:
- Select the Start>Settings>Accounts>Email & app accounts.
- Select Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
- Follow the prompts to switch to your Microsoft accounts.
Sign in on Xbox One – Log into Microsoft Office Account
To unlock the achievement, increase Gamerscore, play your favorite games and chat with your friends through Xbox one, Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices sign in to your Microsoft account on your Xbox One device.
On your Xbox console:
- Enter the email address that you use for Microsoft account in the Sign in the slot.
- Enter the password for the same and click Sign in.
Sign in to another Xbox One console:
On another Xbox One Console:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Scroll down and select Add & manage, then select Add new.
- Type your email address/phone number and password that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Review privacy statement summary and select Next.
- Choose your Sign-in and security preferences.
- Following any further instructions, then select the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Home to return to Home screen.
Sign in to Office – Log into Microsoft Office Account
From Web browser
- Go to office.com/setup and go to Sign In.
- Sign in with your personal Microsoft account associated with Office. Or you can enter the username and password you use with your work or school account.
- Click Sign in. This directs you automatically to online services like Office Online or OneDrive.
From Office Application
- Open an app, such as Word or Excel.
- Open an existing file or create a new one.
- Select Sign in button in the upper corner of the app’s window.
- Type the email address and password you use with Office and then select Next.
In case of any issue feel free to contact the Microsoft Office Support and get hold of a skilled technician. Also, office.com/setup provide your troubleshooting techniques to avoid any error in the future.