Microsoft Excel Corrupted Error – Microsoft Excel is a major software included in the Microsoft Office Suite. No matter what kind of business you have, the MS-Excel is required. The Microsoft Office tries the best to offer the best service in terms of application and support services. But some bugs always pass away from their eyes.
To fix these issues, the Microsoft offer the KB’s updates. Sometimes, the error gets really tricky to deal with. In such a case, you require some general troubleshooting. One of such issues is Microsoft Excel corrupted error. This error shows “The file is corrupt and cannot be opened” as the error message. This article will provide you with the troubleshooting steps that you can try on your own. Furthermore, keep in mind that the Microsoft Office Support or Office.com/Setup is always there to help you with the issues that you are facing.
Microsoft Excel Corrupted Error – “The file is corrupt and cannot be opened”
Change the Protected View Settings
The files that are downloaded from an unsafe platform such internet have the chance of containing a virus, worms or other kinds of threat. In order to offer additional protection, the Microsoft has the protected view. By using Protected View, you can read a file and see its contents and enable editing while reducing the risks.
To change these settings, follow these steps:
- Launch the MS Excel on your device and go to the File menu on the top menu bar.
- Under the File menu, click on the Options.
- Go to the Trusted Centre and then click on Trusted Centre Settings.
- In the new window, choose to “Protected View”.
- Now, uncheck all the boxes and save the settings.
After that, close and relaunch the Excel application. This should fix your issue, if not then move to the next troubleshooting step.
Change the Component Services Settings
Follow these steps to change the component services settings to resolve the Microsoft Excel corrupted error:
- On your PC, go to the search box and type “dcomcnfg”. Click on the option with the same name.
- The component service window will appear on your screen.
- Navigate to the Computers menu and expand it by clicking on it.
- The right-click on “My Computer” and choose to Properties.
- A new window will appear on your screen, click on the Default Properties tab.
- Tick mark the option ‘Enable Distributed COM on this computer’, set the value of ‘Default Authentication Level’ as ‘Connect’ and ‘Default Impersonation Level’ as ‘Identify’.
- Save the setting by clicking on the “Apply” button.
- After that Restart the computer and check the MS Excel application.
In case the Microsoft Excel corrupted error is still there, you need to try a third party application to fix it. Furthermore, get to the Office.com/Setup or Microsoft Office Support in order to access the assistance from a technician.
Use PC Optimization Tools
There are a number of applications available in the market that can help one to protect against the issues they are having with their Windows computer. If your Microsoft Excel corrupted error issue is still there. Then you use one of these applications to troubleshoot the issues that you are having.
You need to purchase the tool from the respective website. After the successful purchase, install it on your device. Simply, run a scan after that to remove the issues with your Microsoft Excel.
Also, there are several applications available as the free and trial version. You can also try these tools if you want to save some extra money.
In case your Microsoft Excel corrupted error is still annoying you then you can easily get assistance to fix it. Simply place a call at the toll-free number of the Microsoft Office Support. And then get hold of a technician. This service is 24/7 available. Furthermore, you can also visit office.com/setup for detailed blogs related to your issues. #office com setup